Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dad's Birthday Card

This is a card I made for my Dad a little while ago which I love.  I used a new technique I was playing around with at the time, Bottle Caps.  They are so much fun & I don't know how I didn't know about these a long time ago!




I hammered some bottle caps, so they flattened out & the edges rolled up & made them sit flat & smooth.  Then I cut out some letters using a Sizzix Alphabet, punched out some red circles & glued all the bits in & used some resin I had mixed up to put on top to seal them & give them a great shine.

The cute little Tools were cut using an MFT die that I had recently bought & the stamped image was also from MFT.  The tag was chipboard that I had inked the edges of, to give it an older/dirtier look, which went well with the card theme & to finish it off, I used some eyelets in the corners.

I love how it turned out & it was well worth all the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment