Wednesday, September 18, 2013

1st Christmas Card made for 2013

So, with Christmas very quickly creeping up on us, I thought I had better start getting my Christmas cards done so I was busy making this one today.  I am also just learning how to use my copic markers & all of the you tube video's make it look so easy!!  I can only wish I was that talented, but I guess practice make perfect (or so they say lol)

Well here is my finished product, using a C.C Designs stamp & she is just so gorgeous that I couldn't resist.


I don't think my colouring skills were too bad, but I do definitely need to keep practising!!  It is fun & kind of frustrating at the same time, because I have been watching so many you tube video's on how to colour skin & hair & they all look so good.

Anyway, I used a Sizzix die for the Clock hiding in the background & as always, my favourite dies from "My Favourite Things".  The "Merry Christmas" is also from "My Favourite Things".  I used some tulle & tied them into bows, some paper flowers I had in my huge ever growing stash of embellishments & some liquid pearls just to add a little bit of shine & sparkle & to give it a few finishing touches.

I am very happy with the way this card turned out & I hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment